Sunday, October 25, 2009

Camp Mason

Ok, since Camp Mason is over, I feel that I MUST BLOG ABOUT IT!

... which is what I'm currently doing.

Ok, I basically sent Priscilla an email, and I just copy-pasted what I wrote onto this post, because I must finish homework, and this will save A LOT OF TIME. =)

My favorite "class" that I did was Vertical Playpen. I think that Alina and I took the longest (we were in the same group, so we went togother) because I always had to help Alina out because her legs aren't quite as long as mine... >_>), but it was fun anyway.

Rick's Rocks was a bit challenging, and even though it was worth it in the end. The only bad thing was that they didn't let me bring my camera to take pictures at the top. BUT IT WAS SO COOL! I mean, because the weather that day was PERFECT (the sky was completely blue, with no clouds at all, and the trees were red/orange/gold/brown and the mountains were slighly darker than the light sky, and it looked so pretty!), I wish I was able to bring my camera up. But, I tried the more challenging rock climbing first, which I failed, so I had to wait until everyone on the easier one was finished before I could try the easier one (otherwise it wouldn't be fair, because I would've done 2 climbs while someone else only does one). Luckily, there was enough time for me to do the easier one (I completed the easier one, which was higher than the challenging one, but had more cracks which were easier to climb up onto) in about 6 minutes (Because I REALLY wanted to see the top! xD).

Mr. Fritz forgot to show up at our Beaver Pond Hike, so that felt like a rip-off, even though I didn't buy anything, but you know what I mean...

Firecracker/Wilder Woozy was boring. Aparently, Mr. Cooper didn't tell them that we were going to do "wilder woozy" so they didn't have that ready for us, so we didn't do it. Plus, for firecracker, it was super boring because most of the time, you are helping OTHER people go, and after YOU go, you really don't feel like helping other people (that might sound selfish, and I feel guilty about saying that, but still...). I failed miserably when it was my turn. Someone didn't hold the platform thing correctly, so I slipped and fell. It took me about 5 minutes to get back up again, and that's a long time to be dangling upside down. (>.<)

Mount Mason was okay for me, but I didn't do the nose =/ (I tried and failed, like many before me).

I DID do rifle shooting, which was totally awesome (xD), and archery, which wasn't as exciting because I've done it before. The only bad thing about rifle shooting was that I shot at the wrong target and got a bullseye. I shot at Nick Nastazi's target instead of mine, and because he knew that he couldn't have gotten it, he didn't want to give me the paper that I shot at, and wanted to claim to the world that HE actually got the bullseye... I just hope that no one actually believes him... -sigh-

Overall, CAMP MASON WAS AWESOME!

2 comments: