Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Eye Examinations

Today, I got my eyes checked, for probably the fourth or fifth time in my life. My eyes are really bad, to those people who don't know, and they worsen every year. But, believe it or not, they do not get worse because I play or chat on the internet a lot. It's because I love to read, and I would sneak a flashlight at night to finish a book that I probably started on the same day (cough cough Twilight... :o). Because the light was too dim, my eyesight worsened, and now, instead of it being 20/20 vision as it had been for most of my life, it's a LOT WORSE. My perscription is -2.50 for my right eye, and -3.00 for my left eye.

This is bad.

I guess now you have an excuse for not reading a lot; you don't want to have eyesight like Jill.

Anyway, I went to the eye doctor in Walmart today. I was a bit worried, because my dad would see how much my eyes had worsened for the year, and he'd be pretty mad. Surprisingly, he didn't spaz. On the other hand, he banned me from reading books while I'm within 3 feet of my bed, so that means no more reading at night anymore. (sad face--> =( ) But, the doctor did give me a new set of contact lenses (to last for about two weeks), and I can use them for school so that Annapurna doesn't have to lend my her glasses for every class anymore! (I'm sure you're very happy now, Annapurna...)

Also, I'm getting two new lenses for my glasses. I really like my frame, or I just don't want to get rid of it because I've had it for so long, so I only have to buy new glasses (without the frame), and the people put the glasses into the frames, so I keep my frame, but end up with a more up-to-date perscription.

And there's more! (advertizing voice): My new glasses lenses change when in sunlight, like Harsh's and Alice's. That's about an extra 60 bucks. But it is so cool!

Ok, so, that's my post of the day. Unfortunately, I don't have time to do another one for today, because I'm really busy with science and LA homework, but it's not like people actually read what I write. Well, they don't comment, so I'm going to assume that they hadn't read it. Oh well!

6 comments:

  1. I never knew you had glasses... Or you just never wear them.
    Sometimes I think, "What would I look like with glasses?" And I want to get glasses. Then I realize how stupid that is because then that means my eyesight is bad and then I will be killing my hope of good eyesight. But I REALLY want to know... >.<
    But really... WALMART... Such a cheap azn. (Don't worry about it though. We're all azn so we know the importance of your eyes and cheapness.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. if u wore ur glasses most of the time maybe it wouldnt be tht bad....but when i wore glasses my eyes got rly bad rly quickly, then i switchd 2 contacts....they r alot beettr. ..... r u happy now....i made a decent comment?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I am very happy now that you've made a decent comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way, I'm not sure if this helps, but you might want to not wear your glasses when you don't need them.
    Ex: If you're looking at something close to you and your glasses are for stuff far away, then try not to use them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. BTW, Sidharta=Annapurna
    DON'T ASK...if you don't already know...

    ReplyDelete
  6. u see jill people are commenting

    ReplyDelete